Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Vacation

It is official, summer has begun. It has been a very cold and rainy spring and my garden is suffering for it. With the sun out over the past two days, I am beginning to see some improvement, even if we did lose a tomato plant or two.

I am menu planning today instead of my usual Saturday morning. Since school is out, and we have plans to help a friend in the morning, I figured now was as good a time as any. I am excited to try working with quinoa this week. I have been eating it for the past month or so, but from the prepared section at Whole Foods. Since that isn't budget friendly, this week it will be up to me to make a tasty side dish with it. I have found some great looking recipes, but I may just give it a whirl on my own.

We are moving on from co-sleeping with Wil, and so now both Caroline and Wil will be sleeping in their own rooms upstairs, and we have moved back to the first floor bedroom. I am excited to change up the house, and even more excited to see the toys in the kids rooms as opposed to the "playroom". It was difficult to keep the playroom to our level of tidyness while also allowing it to be a place of play. Now that the toys will be upstairs, if everything isn't perfectly put away, the main living area will still be clutter free!

Our neighbors are moving, and while this is sad for us, we have gotten a great surprise! They gave us their Nordic Track. I have been scouring craigslist looking for a good piece of exercise equipment that will help me take off my baby weight without having to leave the house. I am so excited for this gift! I am also excited to use the money I had been allocating for the exercise equipment for another purpose. I may actually have to buy some vegetable plants for the garden since my cucumbers are looking very tired :( I am also thinking about getting a breadmaker. If anyone in cyberspace is reading this, do you have any feelings about a breadmaker?

Caroline and William are doing great. Wil has two teeth and is almost crawling. He can stand up and balance for about 10 seconds. I wonder if he will walk as early as Caroline. Caroline has finally gotten used to "pooping" on the toliet. I am so proud of her!

Sunday starts my first week as a reader at church. Practice today at 2pm. I am excited to start this ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment